A pre-authorized direct debit is a payment method that is used when a subscription is created. It uses the payment method that you used to setup the subscription and debits your bank account every new billing cycle.
- If you paid using iDeal, then the bank account connected to your iDeal payment will be debited;
- If you used PayPal, the PayPal account you used with the first payment will be debited;
- If you used a credit card, the credit card you used with the first payment will be debited.
A pre-authorized debit won't be used when you purchased a one-off product (the 3 month Premium Account, all others are subscriptions).
The 15-days and the 1 month options are subscriptions that auto-renew unless you cancel them. The moment they renew depends on which one you purchased: either every 15 days or every month counted from the date of the purchase.
You can expect the debit to be visible on your statements after about 3 days after this renewal date. You will receive an invoice for every billing cycle.
For every subsequent billing cycle we will automatically debit your pre-authorized payment method.
Your subscription is still active and new billing cycles will be initiated unless you cancel it. You can do this anytime, but be mindful that you do that before the next billing cycle starts.
So, even if you don't (want to) use your subscription any longer, unless you cancel it, new billing cycles will still be created.
You can find the invoices and more information about your Premium Account and subscription at the bottom of you profile.
Where to find your invoices and billing dates
We always inform our users about:
- The renewal and the pre-authorized debit when they buy a Premium Account;
- When the next billing cycle is due;
- When they cancel the subscription.
There is also information about the pre-authorization and direct debit on the 'My Premium Account' page, the payment page, in the terms and conditions and on the invoices.
Therefore, it is the responsibility of the customer to cancel the subscription 'on time' if they don't want a renewal and new billing cycle.