Sometimes, honest landlords can ask for a deposit or would like to communicate via phone or email as well.
However, this is also how scammers usually operate. So, if you have any doubts about the legitimacy of a landlord on Kamernet, feel free to contact us.
It is always better to be safe than sorry.
A few things to look out for
Please always keep the following tips in mind if you search on Kamernet:
- Always use common sense: if something seems too good to be true, it most likely is the case;
- If a landlord is located abroad or asks you to transfer money via Westen Union, Airbnb, Monogram, or Homeaway, notify us directly.;
- Never give anyone an advanced copy of your national ID or passport – some might abuse this as well;
- Remember to always create and sign a rental agreement before you pay;
- A Skype conversation is not always trustworthy;
- Do you have doubts? Always report the potential scammer to us;
Where can I report scammers/abuse?
You can find buttons to report scammers in the following places:
- The page of the listing;
- The profile of the user;
- Within the conversation
Or, shoot us an email. Be sure to include a link to the listing and/or the user's profile.